Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

May 14, 2019. Biking to Seaside.












May 14, 2019.  Biking to Seaside.  I go on vacation to get away from the problems at home.  You know, the security system stops working, electric switches stop working or the cable goes out.  We were watching the evening news last night and the cable went out.  That isn't supposed to happen on vacation.  

So I called Pat in Starkville, Mississippi.  Pat owns the condo we are in - or - in which we are, if you are one of those grammar freaks who believes that it is always wrong to end a sentence in a preposition.  She gave me the name and number of the cable company.  So I called and got Grace with customer service.  Grace is a fine American name, but this Grace had an Asian, perhaps Pakistani accent.  Wherever she was, she knew her stuff.  She instructed me to turn off the cable box while she pushed some buttons on her end.  When I turned the cable box back on, the TV worked.  Pretty amazing.  

Today, we biked the two miles from here to Seaside.  Seaside is a beautiful community with some pretty tight ordinances about construction and maintenance of buildings.  I took the usual quota of pictures, a few of which appear above.  I'll show you some more in a future blog.  

Do you notice anything unusual about the lizard in the final picture?  Most of the lizard's body is in the shade of the banister.  However, his tail and part of his left rear foot are in the sunlight.  Do you see how they've changed colors.  He was too small to be a chameleon, yet he exhibited chameleon-like characteristics.  Pretty cool.  

We don't know what tomorrow will bring.  We have no plans yet.  We'll figure something out.  Goodnight.  

2 comments:

Fred said...

Annie took back the lead on the road.

BJ said...

Look at that cute little biker butt.