Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Monday, October 1, 2018

October 1, 2018. Fall in Southern Missouri.












October 1, 2018.  Fall in Southern Missouri.  When you aren't traveling very far, you don't have to leave early.  This morning we left home about 10:00 AM.  We stopped for lunch in Sedalia.  It was a barbecue place, wouldn't you know.  Kehde's is part MKT railroad diner and part restaurant  The ambiance was different, the food was good and the prices were very reasonable.  We arrived at the Lake condo about 2:00 PM and loafed the rest of the day.

The condo is located on a small island, Isla del Sol.  It may be the best VRBO we've rented.  It has three bedrooms, two of which we don't need.  But it is open and nicely appointed.  The deck overlooks the boat docks.  The best thing is that this is a slow time at the Lake and it is quiet and peaceful.

It has been a while since I've shown you barn pictures, so I started with a picture of our barn.  Actually, we no longer use it as a barn.  The horses are gone, so it is storage for the mower, the ATV and the trailer.  There is some other stuff stored there, but I don't know what it is.  Every year or so, I take out everything, sweep the floor and put everything back in.  Most of the stuff stored there hasn't been moved, except for cleaning, in twenty years.  I should get rid of 90% of it.  But, if I did that, there wouldn't be anything for our children to do when we are gone.  At least, while they are cleaning up my junk, they will be thinking about me.  They won't be good thoughts, but they will be thinking about me

The stately courthouse is in Versailles, MO.  There are a lot of really nice looking courthouses in outstate Missouri.  Many of them are 100-years old or older.  The county commissions have maintained them well over the years.

Tomorrow's Big Event is a trip to the grocery store.  How can that be a Big Event, you ask.  Well, when it is the only thing you have to do, it becomes more important.  Maybe tomorrow night, I will tell you about grocery shopping in southern Missouri.  Brace yourself.

Goodnight.

2 comments:

Fred said...

I like Anna's cap. Enjoy next several weeks.

Fred said...

Oops..typo..ANNIE'S cap