Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Monday, October 15, 2018

October 15, 2018. Cold and Windy.



 
















October 15, 2018.  Cold and Windy.  A cold front moved in after yesterday's rains.  It was close to freezing overnight and today's high temperatures were in 40s.  The cold air was pushed along by a brisk wind from the northwest.  The seasons are changing, too soon.  

The pictures above are from yesterday and today.  There are more sights along Highway 76 and the Grand Village which has several Christmas shops.  The Santa is a real person.  There were numerous ceramic Santas which were not.  Sometimes it was hard to tell the difference.  The one shaking Annie's hand is ceramic, but she still didn't trust him enough to sit on his lap cushion.  That Annie is a cautious person.  I am doing my best Edith Ann impression in the big chair.  A big chair that can make me look small is a really big chair.  

Today, we went to The Landing, an upscale shopping center in old Branson.  We bought nothing.  Red maple trees are the first to turn and these border the north end of The Landing.  They also are the first real fall colors we've seen.  The final pictures are taken at the condo.  There was a beautiful sunset off the deck tonight.  

I just asked Annie what we are doing tomorrow.  She gave me a blank stare.  I've seen that stare before.  Sometimes, it means "don't do that again."  Sometimes, it means she has no idea what I'm talking about.  Tonight, I think it means she doesn't know what I am talking about or has no answer to my question.  I don't have an answer either.  Maybe I'll have an epiphany overnight.  If I don't, maybe we will do nothing.  We've done that before and it is fun.  One thing is clear, I am not going to get any help from Annie.   

Goodnight.    

1 comment:

BJ said...

And that’s the truth. Phhhhlllttttthhhhhhhhh.