Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Sunday, June 12, 2011

One day from home, North Platte, NE, June 12, 2011











 
 North Platte, Nebraska, June 12, 2011.  Nine hours of driving, and 650 miles after beginning this day, we are within a whisker, 400 miles, of home.  Before leaving Park City, I took a couple of snapshots of the 2002 Olympic ski slopes and jumps.  

When I began to download pictures tonight, there were over eighty on the camera.  Many of those were Annie's attempts to photograph one of the dozens of antelopes we saw along I-80.  The little rascals are hard to spot to begin with.  When you do spot one, you have to find him again through the lens, focus and shoot.  She may have succeeded a couple of times but failed more often than not.  I was pretty merciless in my teasing.  It actually became pretty funny.  Be assured that the pictures on this page are the best of thirty or more that she shot.  

Home tomorrow, God willing and the creeks don't rise.  Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: