Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Friday, October 24, 2014

October 24, 2014. Columbus, OH to Crawfordsville, IN - Frisbie and KOA














October 24, 2014.  Columbus, OH to Crawfordsville, IN - Frisbie and KOA.  I am supposed to get out of the car and move around about every two hours.  The purpose is to keep the blood from pooling in my legs so as to avoid another blood clot from forming in my legs.  So, on this trip, Annie brought a Frisbie.  Every 100 miles or so, we stop at a rest area and toss the Frisbie for ten minutes or so.  Does it work?  I don't know.  But, I'll feel better if I die while exercising. 

We drove about 250 miles today.  There was a time when we would drive 5-600 miles daily.  Over the years there have been 5 or 6 times when we have driven over 1000 miles in a day.  Our record was the trip from San Diego to Kansas City, approximately 1500 miles, in a day and a half.  Now, 300-350 miles in a day seems about right. 

And, as it turns out, that is about the distance the Amana Colonies are from Crawfordsville.  So, if Annie doesn't wear out too early tomorrow, we will be in eastern Iowa tomorrow nightI told you last night that there are five colonies.  I read somewhere tonight that there are 6-7 colonies.  The Colonies own, collectively, about 25,000 acres of Iowa farm land.  I believe they still profit share.  I'll look that up and have an answer for you within the next several days. 

Hold on to your hat.
  


No comments: