Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Sunday, October 14, 2012

October 14, 2012, Rainy Sunday in Manchester

sunday



October 14, 2012, Rainy Sunday in Manchester.  It rained most of the night and all morning.  We were spared thunder and lightening but the rain was steady.  It began to let up at noon, so we returned to Manchester for lunch at The Little Red Rooster. 

The pictures today are intended to show foliage conditions in the area.  Some trees are already bare or nearly bare.  I thought we had just missed the peak season, but one of the locals told me that this has been a sub-par year for fall colors. 

The battery ran down on Harvey as we started back to the campground.  A man from New Jersey gave me a jump.  He said that he owns a house here in Vermont and they come up on weekends.  He confirmed that the colors have been disappointing this year. 

Tomorrow, we will drive south, looking for a Walmart which will sell us a car battery.  Let's see, I bought two marine batteries in Edmonton in May of last year.  I bought two more last October in Chichester, NH.  Last month, I bought a battery for my Acura.  Tomorrow, I will buy one for Harvey.  It is a good thing that they have let me charge them.  Get it . . . let me charge the batteries . . . tee-hee.

After the stop at West Point, we are thinking about driving south in search of more fall colors.  We would ordinarily just drive west from here, angling south for Kansas City through Indianapolis.  Our thought is to drive south to Lexington, Virginia, before turning west.  That would take us through southern New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia.  One of the advantages of that route is that the Blue Ridge Parkway runs through Virginia.  That should be a beautiful drive this season.   





 

No comments: