Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 2, 2012, Fish Creek, Wisconsin








October 2, 2012 - Fish Creek, Wisconsin.  I like the drive through Iowa and Wisconsin.  It is relaxing and displays the beauty of America.  The drive takes you past farms and forest.  During this season, farmers are harvesting corn and soy beans.  The homesteads and barns take me back to my youth in eastern Arkansas.  All that's missing is the smell of burning leaves.  I am sure someone is burning leaves somewhere, just not along the highway. 

We are in Door County, Wisconsin, a peninsula into Lake Michigan near Green Bay.  Row crops, dairy farms, apple and cherry orchards dot the landscape.  Quaint fishing villages line the lake shore.  It is quiet and peaceful here.  That's why we like it.

We will unlimber the recumbent bikes today and toodle around Peninsula State Park.  There aren't many campers here, so we'll have the trails to ourselves.  Later, we'll visit one of our favorite pie stores, Sweetie Pies.  The apple pie is really good.  It's even better with a little mode on it. 

The weather guys say it will get colder later in the week.  However, today is a perfect fall day.  The temperature will be in the mid-sixties with bright sunshine.  I wish you were here to enjoy the colors with us. 

No comments: