Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 16, 2013. Follage Along the Interstate into Asheville.









 

October 16, 2013.  Foliage Along the Interstate into Asheville.  After two days on the Blue Ridge Parkway, we left the Parkway for Interstate 81 today.  We saw as many colorful trees on the Interstate as we did on the Parkway.  The drive was a lot easier and a lot faster.  After averaging about 70 miles per day on the Parkway, we traveled over 250 miles today in about four hours. 

Annie wants to look at some pottery here.  I asked her what I always ask her, "Where will you put it?"  She answered the way she always answers that question, "I'll find a place."  And, she does.  I am pretty sure that two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time. I think that is some law of quantum physics.  I think she usually finds a place by giving something in that place to one of the daughters.

So, we will "look'' around town tomorrow.  "Look," by the way is code for "shop".  We don't use the word "shop" because Annie knows I don't like to shop.  I will look, though.  If she calls our activity looking, I'll go along with it.  If she refers to it as shopping, I get real heavy to drag around.  Smart woman, that Annie. 

After two nights in the Bear Creek Campground, we will move on.  Our next stop could be either Nashville or Gatlinburg.  The Great Smoky Mountain National Park opened today because North Carolina and Tennessee donated money to pay salaries.  That's a twist, isn't it;  the states giving money to the federal government?  That won't last long.  I understand both houses of Congress will pass a bill dealing with the stalemate on the budget tonight.   The shutdown should be over tomorrow.

In any event, if we go through the National Park, we'll likely spend Friday night in Gatlinburg.  If not, we'll go on to Nashville.  I'll let you know when we get there. 

No comments: