Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4, 2013 - To Fair Haven Beach State Park.













October 4, 2013 - To Fair Haven Beach State Park.  We were here a year ago.  I'd like to tell you that we liked it, so we returned.  The truth is that neither of us remembered it until we got here.  If it had been bad, we would have remembered that.  Since we remembered nothing, we thought it was probably passable.  And it is, passable, that is. 

We passed Brown's Berry Patch on the drive today.  Brown's Berry Patch is a farm market with lots of tasty treats and lots of decorations.  There are a dozen, more or less, scarecrows. They are really more like life-sized rag dolls.  Just as we arrived a bus load of first graders pulled up.  We didn't stay long. 

The cows above are for the enjoyment of one of my co-workers, Meredith.  She thinks cows are too cool.  She doesn't know why she feels that way.  I think it was because her parents wouldn't let her join 4-H when she was a child.  My daughters were in 4-H and showed heifers at the county fair.  They have a perfectly healthy relationship with cattle.  I worry a little about Meredith. 

At the moment, the plan is to cross over into Vermont tomorrow.  We have some favorite haunts there; Pawlet, Dorset, Manchester and Weston.  How long will we stay?  Don't know.  I'll let you know when I know. 

No comments: