Billy Goats At My Door

Billy Goats At My Door

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

January 14, 2020. To Gulf Shores, Gulf State Park and Doc's Seafood in the Fog.












January 14, 2020.  To Gulf Shores, Gulf State Park and Doc's Seafood in the Fog.  The storms moved out and the fog moved in.  Fog notwithstanding, we drove to Gulf Shores yesterday.  The drive takes a little over an hour.  We wanted to revisit Gulf State Park, one of our favorites in previous trips.  We also wanted to return to Doc's Seafood Shack in Orange Beach, next door to Gulf Shores.  

Some of the pictures will look familiar to you.  The gator and bear are road signs in the park.  People in this area say that Mardi Gras started in Mobile, 40 miles north of the park.  Some of the park residents decorate the animal signs with beads and other Mardi Gras trinkets.  

Tomorrow is move day.  The next time I write, it will be from across the parking lot.  I hope I'll be more inspired looking at the Gulf than I have been looking at the bay.  I know that's your hope, too. 

Goodnight.  

1 comment:

BJ said...

I like it! I remembered the alligator sign!

Watch out. Their chompers will get you.